Summer vacation has hit me like a 2 x 4. My organic chemistry final took place yesterday morning and my last shift of work quickly followed. Last night was so challenging. I was frittering about like a floppy moth, not able to decipher, much less decide, on what I should do, eat, watch, etc. And sitting quietly or trying to sleep was even worse. I was in ‘final’s mode.’ If you need proof, come check out my hair. It is mangy and oily. 3 days, folks. It’s been 3 days.
So, this morning, a couple shots of espresso, a few of mama’s waffles, and a trip to the library for something like a baker’s dozen of DVD’s later, I am finally feeling more like myself. Thank goodness. And now, I have a million things to look forward to:
- hugs. movies. my dog. gardening. doing nothing productive or important. swimming.
- Dentist Tues. State Fair Wed. Eye doctor and haircut Thurs.
- being one semester closer to the end.
- Autumn leaves. pumpkin lattes. crisp cold days and nights.
- Christmas. cross-country skiing.
- next summer + no summer school = bliss + freedom.
My autumn 2013 schedule looks like:
- Analytical Chemistry
- Physics I
- Biochemistry I
- Advanced Physiology I
…I predict it will be more fun than chasing snakes, less fun than counting Cheerios.
Well, I’m bored with writing for the day and am SO ready to watch Legally Blonde for the first time in years. Ahhh…flashbacks and hilarity, here we go.